Mr. Nitin Sharma
MBBS, MS, DNB, FRACS (Plastic Surgery)
Hand and Wrist Surgeon
Mr. Nitin Sharma is an Australian Qualified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon who undertook his initial training in India. After qualifying as a Plastic Surgeon in 2001 he trained at the Singapore General Hospital, Singapore between 2003 and 2005 before immigrating to Hobart. In 2012, Mr. Sharma undertook a one year clinical fellowship at the Roth Macfarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre, Canada to further his special interest in Hand & Wrist Surgery.
Mr. Sharma offers a comprehensive range of procedures for Congenital and Acquired Hand and Wrist Conditions. He also offers Cosmetic and Body Contouring Procedures.
Mr. Sharma travels to Philippines to volunteers his surgical expertise in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery. His other interests include Travel, Photography and Bonsai.
- Hand deformations
- Cleft lip and palate
- Birth marks
- Lift (Mastopexy)
- Reconstruction (delayed only)
- Nipple and areolar reconstruction
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Eyelid surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Facial bone fractures
- Cancer surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Node dissection
- Carpal tunnel release
- Hand injuries
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Needle aponeurotomy
- Collagenase injection
- Surgical resection
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Thumb base
- Finger joint replacement
- Finger joint fusion
- Total/partial wrist fusion
- Wrist denervation
- Arthroscopic procedures for wrist
- Scaphoid fractures
- Ligament injuries
- Belt lipectomy
- Thigh lift/buttock lift
Mr. Sid Karanth
MBBS, MS, MCh, FRACS (Plastic Surgery)
Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Mr Sid Karanth, an Australian qualified Plastic Surgeon and Hand Surgeon, who has recently joined the practice.
His services cover most conditions under the gamut of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery including skin cancer surgery, scar management, correction of facial deformities, eyelid surgery, free tissue transfer, breast surgeries, abdominoplasty.
His area of special interest is management of hand and wrist disorders including wrist arthroscopy, management of wrist pain, arthritic deformities of hand and wrist, nerve entrapment disorders, joint replacement, hand and wrist trauma and Microsurgery.
Mr Karanth qualified as a General Surgeon in 2003 and as a Plastic Surgeon in 2007 in Mumbai, India. After migrating to Australia in 2008, he underwent further training and was awarded the Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2012. Following this, he commenced work as a Staff specialist in Plastic Surgery at the Royal Hobart Hospital in 2012, before heading to Sydney.
To pursue his interest in Hand and Wrist surgery, he completed the prestigious Fellowship in Hand and Wrist Surgery at the Sydney Hospital and St Luke’s Hospital in Sydney in the year 2013.
He has returned to Hobart to take up the position of a Consultant Plastic Surgeon (VMO) at the Royal Hobart Hospital, Tasmania. His Private Practice is through the rooms at the Hobart Institute of Plastic Surgery. He is accredited to admit and perform operations in Hobart Private Hospital, Calvary Healthcare- Lenah Valley Campus and St John’s Campus and Hobart Day Surgery.
As he is trained in Cleft Lip and Palate surgeries, he volunteers with Helping Children Smile Inc, a Queensland based organisation, to provide free cleft surgeries in Philippines. His other interests include photography, riding his bike, bushwalking, reading history and biographies.
He is keen on teaching and will be glad to provide talks, presentations or to be involved in educational activities.
- Hand soft tissue injuries- Tendons, nerve, artery and soft tissue
- Microsurgery- Reimplantion of digits, microvascular and microneural surgery
- Hand fractures
- Post traumatic deformities of the hand
- Wrist injuries- Carpal bones, Distal Radius and ligaments
- Scaphoid fractures and its sequalae
- Wrist instabilities
- Joint replacement surgeries of hand and wrist
- Rheumatoid deformities- Hand and wrist
- Osteoarthritis, post traumatic arthritis and other arthritis- hand, wrist and DRUJ
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Nerve surgeries
- Carpal tunnel
- Nerve entrapments- Cubital tunnel Syndrome, Radial tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger digit
- Congenital deformities- selected cases
- Scar management
- Skin cancer management
- Correction of facial deformities- congenital or acquired
- Eyelid surgeries
- Bat ear correction
- Facial trauma- Skeletal and soft tissue
- Head and Neck cancer
- Burns- Public only
- Lower limb soft tissue defects reconstructions
- Breast surgery- Reduction, Reconstruction, Augmentation
- Microsurgery- Free tissue transfer
- Tissue expansion